We all must know the importance of physical activities. We know that to have a healthy lifestyle, physical activity is a crucial part of our life. But do we all implement it on regular basis in our daily routine?
May be not, why it is so?
We all know why to exercise, what we should do and may be how to do. But we all may not know is what happens in our body when we do any physical activity. Let’s discuss the effects of exercise on our body so that we can be consistent throughout our life.
What Happens in Your Body When You Exercise?
1. Exercise improves mood
- Everyone knows that regular exercise is good for the body. But exercise is also one of the most effective ways to improve your mental health.
- Exercise has been shown to relieve anxiety, improve mood and fight depression. It promotes the release of a mood-lifting brain chemical called serotonin and the release of endorphin’s, natural good feeling pain-killing substances. Stress – How it affects our lifestyle ?
- Exercise also improves cognitive function and decreases the risk of dementia.
- When you exercise regularly, it can boost your confidence and improve your self-esteem. It promotes a positive attitude and outlook. Stress – How to cope up with it?
- Exercises help you to manage stress and tension. Stress management through lifestyle changes
2. Boost Energy
- Regular exercise improves your muscle tone and strength and also boosts your endurance levels. This happens because exercise increases the supply of vital oxygen to cells for conversion into energy.
- Exercise delivers oxygen and nutrients to your tissues and helps your cardiovascular system work more efficiently. And when your heart and lung health improves, you have more energy to spend on your daily routine.
3. Physical Activity Strengthens Your Heart
- With physical activity your heart rate increases to supply more oxygenated blood to your muscles. After regular exercises, your blood pressure decreases due to the formation of new blood vessels.
- Regular exercise increases the level of HDL (good) cholesterol in your blood and reduces the level of LDL (bad) cholesterol. This keeps your arteries clear of fatty deposits which are made up of cholesterol and other substances. This reduces the risk of clots in the coronary arteries, which can lead to heart attack, and clots in the arteries supplying the brain, which can lead to stroke.
- Regular moderate and vigorous intensity physical activity strengthen your heart muscle. This improves your heart’s ability to pump blood to your lungs and throughout your body. As a result, there is an increase in oxygen supply to cells through the blood.
- Capillaries which are your body’s tiny blood vessels also get widened. This allows them to supply more oxygen to your body and carry away waste products.
4. Improves Lung Function
- During exercise your breathing rate increases because of a need for more oxygen. Once the muscles surrounding your lungs are stretched to its maximum capacity, you’ve reached to your VO2 max that is your maximum capacity of oxygen use. Regular exercises help to improve your lung function by increasing your VO2 max.
- The lungs provide the oxygen to the body, which is necessary for cellular survival. Exercise increases the flow of oxygen-rich blood to the body and helps the elimination of carbon dioxide. The effects of exercise on respiration are seen almost immediately.
5. Increases Brain function
- You feel more focused after a workout due to increase in blood flow to the brain.
- Regular exercise will promote the growth of new brain cells. These new brain cells help to boost memory and learning.
- When you exercise regularly, your brain gets good supply of blood which boosts brain cell function and protects from diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s or even Stroke and Dementia
- Exercise will make your brain to work at optimum capacity by causing your nerve cells to multiply, strengthening their interconnections, and protecting them from damage.
6. Balances Endocrine Systems
- The endocrine system is closely associated with the nervous system. It sends hormones to the body to control growth, blood sugar levels, body temperature, and metabolism. Exercise regulates your hormonal balance, increases organ function and lifts your mood.
- Regular exercise can prevent and help to control type 2 Diabetes. Exercise helps insulin to work better and also makes your cells more sensitive to the effects of insulin.
- Osteoporosis is common in post-menopausal women because, in absence of optimum levels of the hormone estrogen the bones start to wash away the calcium. Research shows that post-menopausal women can lower their risk for osteoporosis through regular exercise. Even moderate exercises like walking and swimming protect women from osteoporosis.
- Exercise has the potential to improve bone mass and reduce the fracture risk in postmenopausal women.
- Controls weight – Physical activity raises your metabolism and helps you lose weight more easily.
- It can help prevent excess weight gain or help maintain weight loss. The more intense the activity, the more calories you burn.
7. Strengthens the Musculoskeletal System
- Exercise builds and strengthens muscles, which can protect the bones from injury and joints affected by arthritis. Strong muscles also give stability and improve balance and coordination.
- It also improves blood supply to the muscles and increases their capacity to use oxygen.
- Exercise may cause muscle soreness and muscle fatigue. Exercise temporarily breaks down muscle, but rest allows muscles to rebuild and grow. In the long-term, the muscles may become larger and stronger depending on the exercise which develops your muscle endurance.
- It strengthens your bones and helps prevent osteoporosis.
- Physical activities lubricates the joints and reduces joint pain and stiffness. Therefore it also helps people with arthritis by increasing flexibility and muscle strength.
8. Increases Immunity
- The blood vessels are interconnected with the lymph vessels and nodes. The lymphatic system removes toxins and returns them to the blood circulation.
- Regular exercise increases lymph flow and promotes a healthy immune system, which is important for fighting infections.
9. Strengthen The Digestive Systems
- Regular exercise helps to have better functioning of the digestive system. Therefore it aids the elimination of waste by supplying more oxygen to cells due to increase in blood flow.
- It also reduces the risk of colorectal (bowel) cancer, possibly by its effect of speeding up the movement of food through the bowels.
10. Increases Excretory functions
- Exercise helps to remove wastes like urea and excess salts and expels them from the body through the sweat. In the process, it helps to maintain a vital balance in the level of salts and fluids.
11.Improve Integumentary System
- The integumentary system includes the hair, nails, and skin. As the exercise level increases, the blood flow to the skin increases. In the long-term, physical activity can keep the skin looking more youthful and feeling softer and more pliable.
12. Promotes better sleep
- Regular physical activities can help you to fall asleep faster and also deepen your sleep.
- But don’t exercise close to bedtime as instead of relaxing it will energize you.
13. Increases function of Reproductive organs
- Always remember, sex needs active muscles too. Regular exercise will ensure that your energy levels are high, this helps to increase intimacy. It can lead to enhanced sexual arousal in women and men. It also helps to have less erectile dysfunction than sedentary men.
Now you know that how you get the benefit of physical exercise in your daily life. You can increase your activities by making some small changes throughout your day. Like walking or cycling, parking your car away from your destination, getting off the bus, train or metro a stop earlier or even walking your kids to school.
In conclusion regular activity can improve your quality of life. And hence to enjoy these benefits you should do minimum 30 minutes of any physical activity.
You can select your favorite exercise to make it exciting. Have fun doing some outdoor activities along with your friends and family.Physical activity can help you to connect with family and friends and have fun.
If you have arthritis, cardiovascular disease or any other health issue, you can still exercise under the guidance of your doctor.
Just be active.
49 thoughts on “What happens when you do physical activity?”
Wow, those are lots of benefits! Lucky me ?. I started out since 2 months or so to do a daily exercise and it’s really true that I feel better now. So I can only agree with what you have written.
Thanks Yustine !
Yustine, you are always welcome with your queries and also experience about physical activities.
Nice article , lots of good information. Keep it up..
Thanks Ajay for your encouragement.
I am open to suggestions on your topic of interest related to health.
Awesome information. Nowadays most % of generation is least bother about health. So cascading healthy living info this way is really important.
When we know the effects, it becomes easy to follow for everyone.
Thank you for sharing this excellent information
Lorna, I would love to shareore information on your topic of interest related to having healthy lifestyle.
A healthy lifestyle is crucial in creating wellness !!!
Nice blog ! Thanks for sharing this information 🙂
Many more to come which will help you to stay healthy throughout your life.
Oh man, convicted! Haha I need to workout now! No more using my kids as my workout excuse! 🙂
? You can include your children in your workout. They will enjoy doing it with their Dad.
great tips and great article.This would help a lot of readers..
Drake, I will be very happy if it help you to keep your lifestyle healthy.
Facts! I definitely sleep better when physical activity is a part of my day; among some of the other benefits listed. Great article!
Sleep is one of the most important piller of healthy lifestyle.
You will get the information about it in my coming blogs.
awesome post, loved it thanks for sharing
That’s insightful! 🙂 I just started to be back on track again and this a good motivation to continue.
You can go to previous articles too, they will inspire you more to get healthy lifestyle.
This really makes me wanna go to the gym!
Angie,you can do any of your favourite physical activity like gym, cycling, swimming etc….
It will give you more benefits.
I always look forward to healthy reads like this! Will be following for more great tips!
I will not disappoint you, you will surely get great tips to enjoy a healthylifestyle.
I will not disappoint you, you will surely get great tips to enjoy a healthy lifestyle.
Pingback: Why healthy lifestyle is important? – Have healthy lifestyle
Pingback: Healthy lifestyle – Importance of synergy – Have healthy lifestyle
Pingback: Stress management through lifestyle changes – Have healthy lifestyle
Great post! Amazing work with factual information. (y)
Priyanshu, thanks for the appreciation.
You will not disappoint with other articles too.
Your blog is very informative and I love that it promotes a healthy lifestyle. I’m into it too! 🙂
We seriously thought about it on his own PSN account. Lelia Win Marpet
Professional quality private proxies, Unrestricted data transfer, 1000 mb/s superspeed, 99,9 uptime, Neo constant IP’s, Simply no usage restrictions, Various subnets, USA or even European union proxies – Acquire Today – https://DreamProxies.com
Throughout the awesome design of things you’ll receive an A with regard to hard work. Where you actually misplaced us ended up being on the particulars. As it is said, the devil is in the details… And it could not be more correct right here. Having said that, permit me reveal to you exactly what did do the job. The writing is actually incredibly persuasive and that is most likely why I am making the effort in order to opine. I do not really make it a regular habit of doing that. Next, whilst I can certainly notice the leaps in logic you make, I am not convinced of just how you seem to connect the ideas which inturn help to make the final result. For the moment I shall subscribe to your point however wish in the near future you link the dots much better.
Unquestionably consider that which you said. Your favorite reason seemed to be at the net the simplest factor
to consider of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed at the same time as other people think about issues that
they just do not understand about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest and also defined out the whole thing without having side effect ,
other folks can take a signal. Will likely
be back to get more. Thanks
Nice blog! Is your theme custom made or did you
download it from somewhere? A design like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog shine.
Please let me know where you got your theme. With thanks
Link exchange is nothing else but it is simply
placing the other person’s web site link on your page at proper place and other person will also do same for you.
Hi, I do think this is an excellent blog. I stumbledupon it ;
) I’m going to revisit once again since I saved as a favorite it.
Money and freedom is the best way to change, may you be rich and continue to
guide other people.
Thank you for any other excellent post. The place else could anyone get
that type of info in such an ideal method of writing?
I’ve a presentation next week, and I’m at the look for such
Good post however , I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this subject?
I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit more.
Hello! Quick question that’s totally off topic.
Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly?
My weblog looks weird when browsing from my apple iphone.
I’m trying to find a template or plugin that might be able to fix this problem.
If you have any suggestions, please share.
Wonderful article! We are linking to this great
article on our website. Keep up the great writing.
Does your website have a contact page? I’m having trouble locating it but, I’d like to shoot you an e-mail. I’ve got some ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great blog and I look forward to seeing it grow over time.
Hiya, I’m really glad I have found this info. Today bloggers publish just about gossips and web and this is actually frustrating. A good web site with interesting content, that’s what I need. Thank you for keeping this web-site, I will be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Cant find it.
I bookmarked your site and will be checking back soon.
Wonderful internet site. A great deal of valuable information and facts in this article google promotion pricing for website. My business is giving the idea to a few close friends ans furthermore spreading in delightful. As well as, thanks for your hard work!
Your content is very useful. Thank you so much for providing plenty of useful content.